Figured Pink Ivory and Afzelia Jr Statesmen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from drferry

drferry

Figured pink ivory and afezlia burl Jr Statesmen, finished with 6 coats of Enduro sanding sealer and 6 coats of Enduro glossy top coat, buffed with Tripoli, white diamond, and carnuba wax.

Comments welcome!

Attachments

• drferry1.jpg
    drferry1.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 308
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

I think the afezila is called xylay. Which is different from the burl. I have several pens made from this and some more sticks too. I love the stuff! And yours looks WONDERFUL!

altaciii

Very pretty pens! I just don"t have the patience for enduro. It seems to take to long to cure. I've had pens dry for 3 days then put them in the pen holder remove them and they have marks from the holding bands and even from the cloth. Never have that problem with the ca/blo. I commend you on your patience and pens.

drferry

I initially had that problem with Enduro, but I started using Tripoli as a first step in buffing, and it took those lines out. The suggested instructions that came with the Enduro said to use only white diamond and carnuba. I just can't stand the smell of CA and it burns my eyes too much; plus, I can't seem to keep it out of the bushings. I guess, like in all things, I would develop a technique with time, but the smell gets to me.

Top Bottom