figured maple

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Woodnknots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

This I made tonight with a piece of nicely figured maple I found in my workshop. I thought the silver slimline kit set off the figure pretty well. Fi

20053811827_figured%20maple.jpg

nished in friction polish and wax.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wayneis

Unless it was dyed or stained that does not look like maple at all. Maple is a very light colored wood. Your photo is kind of blown out so its hard to tell but it does look like you did a nice job.

Wayne

Gary

Wayne is right...that isn't maple unless it's dyed or stained. It looks like a nice turning but hard to tell from the photo. Try reshooting the photo and reposting.

Woodnknots

actually, it is maple. I cut it from around a knot in a board of soft maple. The rest of the board is very light in color. No dye or stain in anything I make. I apologize for the photo size, I thought I resized the photo, but then I post it, and it's still huge!! Not a clue as to what I am doing wrong.

WoodChucker

Dave, if your running WindowsXP just right click on the file for your photo and check the box for 640X480 and click OK. This will make a copy and you will still have the original photo. It will be saved in the same folder and same name, and just have (small) at the end.

Gary

Originally posted by daveturns05
<br />actually, it is maple. I cut it from around a knot in a board of soft maple. The rest of the board is very light in color. No dye or stain in anything I make.

Then I stand corrected. Cheers!

cigarman

Check your file extension. I believe you are using a bitmap ext. and you need to use a jpeg. Just resave and on file name change to (name).jpeg and then you can resize easy.

Woodnknots

You're all correct, the colors don't look right for Maple, that's why I chose that chunk of board to cut blanks out of. The grain is a dark grayish swirl until it is finished, and then you see what I got. Some areas are so dark gray, they are almost black. But I assure you, it's maple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom