Fiery Acrylester Custom Order FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from drgoretex

drgoretex

Hello folks.

Here's a custom order I finished today with the last of this particular inlace acrylester. I had forgotten how brutal this stuff is to work with...dulls tools in seconds, chips like crazy...but very cool once polished.

This clip was chosen for the clean lines to match the shape of the pen, though as style has a larger radial arm on it, this required a larger diameter cap. The cap itself has a thin piece of the same acrylester to match the barrel, though it turned out a little more subtle than I was hoping.

IMG_6062.jpg

IMG_6065.jpg

IMG_6064.jpg

IMG_6071.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Comments/constructive critique welcome as always.

Ken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

G1Pens

That is one awesome looking pen. The blank is outstanding and your work is even better. I hope that one day I can make something that cool and do that good of a job on it.

drgoretex

Very nice pen very nicely done. I really like that blank it looks like it's on fire.

Thanks! The blank is 'Golden Dawn' from Exoticblanks (our PR Princess...) :)

Are you putting tubes and a kit nib on this piece, or is it all custom?

Scott (looking really good) B

This is full custom. No tubes, the nib is a good JoWo nib, not a kit nib. The clip is pilfered from an ElGrande kit, but installed with a custom threaded finial.

Cheers,

Ken

wiset1

That's one of the sexiest pens I've seen in a long time. There are a lot of great pens posted on the IAP, but this one really shines!!! I love it

turbowagon

Awesome -- What a beauty, Ken! I think the understated band in the cap is a nice touch. I wouldn't change a thing about this one.

MarkD

Wow...that's one outstanding pen. Great lines and detail! The blank is awesome as well. Great Job!

CharlesH

Ken,

I am proud I have a pen of yours.

This is fantastic workmanship, now how about taking it to the next level?

African Blackwood and Amboyna burl with the same design and you have to find a black ti clip and nib. :p

C

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2.

drgoretex

Thanks very much for the kind comments!

Ken,

I am proud I have a pen of yours.

This is fantastic workmanship, now how about taking it to the next level?

African Blackwood and Amboyna burl with the same design and you have to find a black ti clip and nib. :p

C

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2.

I would love to give that a try. The difficulty lies in doing the clip - could not doa threaded finial, but perhaps another hidden clip technique would work well. Then the issue of how to do the CA finish such that it is still sealed at the clip hole....Hmmm...you're giving me much to ponder, Charles :rolleyes:

Happy holidays!

Ken

Top Bottom