a few this weekend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Hucifer

Hucifer

Made a few this weekend. The first is a chrome Executive made from spalted something. :confused: It came from a branch of a tree my neighbor accross the street in Kingwood trimmed a couple of years ago. I was worried it might be a bit soft so when I got it down to the shape I wanted I soaked it with CA before final trim, sand and finish with 6 coats of CA. The second is purpleheart on the bottom, and Maple Purpleheart and something else sandwiched in the middle. I got a grab bag of mixed wood and a segmented sample board for xmas at the office a couple of years ago and finally got around to trying this. I think the designer turned out pretty well. It has a CA finish too. The last is a copper Jr Retro with Buckeye Burl and 6 coats of CA...

Waddya think?

Attachments

• IMG_0047.JPG
    IMG_0047.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0051.JPG
    IMG_0051.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 171
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SkookumPens

Alternate Materials

Here are a few I have done. The are out of cat tail, caribou (reindeer), and Grass Tree from Australia.

Craig Chatterton
Puyallup, WA

Attachments

• Cat Tail Pen.jpg
    Cat Tail Pen.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Grass Tree EmperorJr.jpg
    Grass Tree EmperorJr.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 96
  • Reindeer Pen.jpg
    Reindeer Pen.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 91

wizard

Hugh, They all look great ! I love the Jr. Retro. The copper kit goes beautifully with the wood. Awesome finish. Good Job!
Doc

Hucifer

Yeah I like the copper too. I was a little worried I would find the right wood to go with them. My wife thinks the purpleheart/maple would go well...

Top Bottom