A Few From the Weekend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cmiles1985

Cmiles1985

Well, I got in the garage and worked hard at it this weekend...and it's only halfway through Sunday!

First is a gunmetal bolt action from Smitty in diagonal cut zebrawood:

Finish is 7 coats thin CA, 7 coats medium CA, sanded from 400 to 1000 grit paper then hit with Novus Plastic Polish.

Now a few gunmetal cigars cloaked in free walnut from a cabinet maker friend in Mexico (it's fairly straight grain on these pieces):

These are all finished with 7 coats thin CA, 7 coats medium CA then sanded and wet MM'd.

A Mesa stylus, sierra chrome and cigar click chrome all in some of my bash winnings from firewhatfire:

These are all sanded with 400, 500, 600 and 1000 grit paper then finished with all three stages of Novus Plastic Polish, and I am VERY happy with the results.

And all together:

Any and all C&C welcome. Photo quality may not be so hot, but getting the DSLR out isn't feasible very often.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
A really busy week I must say. You have a great set of pens, nice pairing of blanks and kits. Nice fit and finish.

OZturner

That is a Weekend to remember, so Productive, Clark.
The Blank on the Gunmetal Bolt Action, is Terrific, looks like the ripples when you drop a rock in the Water.
The Straight Walnut are Superb, Classic Pens.
Your two Punks, are Excellent, as is the final pen.
Fit and Finish is Spot On.
Productive Time well spent.
Brian.

Cmiles1985

The metal clad blanks were part of my winnings in the trivia contest from firewhatfire. The closest I could find were on ClassicNib.com. They are very nice! At first I wasn't sure that I liked the style, but after pairing it with a good kit, I love the look!

Top Bottom