A few from this week

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from greenacres2

greenacres2

After a few busy weeks at work, had some spare evenings this week, plus Friday afternoon off. So...
On the far left, purpleheart with sapwood two-tone, reminds me of Comedy/Tragedy.
Next, segmented Bubinga & Wenge, kind of a playing card or court jester look.
Moving to the far right, Vertex Rollerballs wrapped in dyed maple burl and teak, I left the teak natural as I think I may keep this one for me.
Then, a Banksia Speciosa pod from George. There are some iridescent blue overtones in the resin--very beautiful blank!!

Now for the 3 in the center...recently made contact with a guy who had salvaged some mahogany from an old guitar factory in Kalamazoo, MI (they moved to Nashville in 1984-ish). I asked if he'd sell enough to make 10 or 12 pens--he wouldn't sell, but sent plenty in exchange for a pen. The straight cut cigar will be sent to him tomorrow. The cross-grain Polarises will go to a few very close friends of ours who build guitars. The front and back of those two shine in ways that pictures will never capture.

I've turned a lot of cigar kits--and the black center band often seemed to be out of place. Thanks to Exotic Blanks for the new combinations of chrome & satin with the matching band--very nice touch. Looks like a completely different pen.
earl

Attachments

• Easter Week 2018.JPG
    Easter Week 2018.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 195
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ajollydds

Thanks for sharing earl. The guitar company you mentioned is Gibson Guitars. They have a great history in American guitar making.

Top Bottom