A few from today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from splinter99

splinter99

What a great day off,the Steelers won, I spent the day in the shop rebuilding my depleted inventories, the Steelers won, the wife made an outstanding pizza,and the Steelers won..In addition to the acrylics I posted I did a few in some blanks I have been stashing for a while.

First is a pair of curly maple Sierrias, I don't know if this is a mineral streak like poplar gets, but It had a very dark section on the blank (maybe someone on here can explain)

IMG_2476_editedMedium.jpg

Next is a pine cigar, this pine had a grian feature that you dont find all the time
Got the blank from someone on here a few years ago

Janpens1-17_editedMedium.jpg

From left to right
Pine gold cigar, Blue Maho Chrome Cigar,BuckeyeBurl Gunmetal Euro, Bubinga sapwood Cigar in antique Brass(cant say I like the Antique Brass) Osage Orange Gaurdian, and a Bubinga "saturn" slinline in gun metal

Janpens1-22_editedMedium.jpg

All where finished with Ca/blo
Comments welcomed
Did I mention that the Steelers won?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CaptG

All those today? And still had time to watch the STEELERS WIN, You the man. Beautifull pens, great craftsmanship.

Nice group of pens. I kinda like the Antique brass myself, but I think its pretty picky about what blank its sharing a ride with. BTW, sounds like you were pretty surprised that the Steelers won, too!

jskeen

I've not seen maple get mineral streaks like that, but it's certainly possible, depending on where it's growing. I'd be more likely to suspect possibly fire damage, or maybe something manmade, like a spike that rusted away or an embeded bullet, or something like that. Beautiful feature, very unusual for curly maple. Great work too, but that's a given :)

Top Bottom