A Few Snakeskin Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MartinPens

MartinPens

Actually these are my first snakeskin pens. I bought two Sierra blanks and used the Wall Street III kit from Woodcraft. That gave me the extra bit of diameter without the risk of breaking through the resin.

The El Grande body got a little close. Came through at one end and I had to shorten it just a tad. Had an air bubble at the other end that I filled with thick CA.

These are quick to make, but I think I will stick with the Sierra.

Has anyone sent a snakeskin pen out for engraving? I need to ask Ken over at Kallenshaan woods if he has had any issues with engraving the snakeskin pens. The El Grande is already sold. Getting around $150 for it.

Martin

Attachments

• Snakeskin-7621.jpg
    Snakeskin-7621.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 197
  • Snakeskin-7623.jpg
    Snakeskin-7623.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Snakeskin-7625.jpg
    Snakeskin-7625.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 147
  • Snakeskin-7624.jpg
    Snakeskin-7624.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 132
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

phillywood

Nicely done, I like the contrasst of the kit agianst the pen body. they kida go hand in hand nicely. BTW, I like the idea of $150 for those pens. hopefully for one,right?

lwalden

I've had a number of snakeskin pens engraved, and then used a gold colorfil (Laserbits). It's a really sharp look, the gold really manages to pop on the green background of the snakeskins!! Great looking pens by the way- very nicely done!!

MartinPens

engraving tips

I've had a number of snakeskin pens engraved, and then used a gold colorfil (Laserbits). It's a really sharp look, the gold really manages to pop on the green background of the snakeskins!! Great looking pens by the way- very nicely done!!

Thanks! Enjoyed looking at your pens. I will send it out for engraving with a gold fill. I think It will look sharp. Thanks

Martin

Top Bottom