Few slims

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TheHeretic

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHeretic

Here are a few slims that I finished up earlier this week. Been knocked on my back the last 2 days with the flu which is why it took so long just to get the pic to a postable form. I believe I finished them on Tues eve.

The top one is box elder with just a hint of flame and spalt in it. (these box elder blanks are the only things I have regretted buyin on ebay. Simply not enough red or pink in them)

The middle one is cherry with a ziricote CB. It was soaked in a good amount of CA to strengthen it up. I had tried to do a pen from the blank that came from the same board and it blew apart. I like the start of the black line spalt in it.

The bottom one is Corian. I am not sure of the names of the colors. I made it from the pieces I got from Alice. I guess I'll do a fair amount of glue ups to make the 2 1/8th needed for slims. I did use the CA glue after wiping with DA to glue the two together. MM up through 12000 and a little of HUT plastic polish.

comments welcome. I know the photography needs improvement. but for now a new digicam is out of the question.

Dean
Columbus OH

200522545539_Pens8.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Travlr7

I'm with "Flea" on the first one. Just me, but the bead looked a little out of place in that location.

The second one, due to the cb is Numeral UNO for me and the third one shows style and good use of Corian making it a keeper, too.[8D]
Bruce[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom