See more from Carl Fisher

Carl Fisher

Carbon fiber cigar
IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

Orange and black striped cigar
IMG_0870.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

Charoite Tru-Stone. This stuff killed 3 sides of a carbide cutter to turn. Definitely some hard stuff.
IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

Nice work, Carl. In addition to 3/4 of a carbide cutter, you probably did a job on whatever you used to cut the blank for the segmentation on the cap end.:biggrin:

Carl Fisher

I had to segment it unfortunately. I blew out the back end of the cap when I was drilling and didn't have enough length to fit. Bandsaw didn't have much difficulty on it.

I have one more of those blanks that I'll leave more before cutting to length next time.

The bigger pain in the rear was that I had to stop every few minutes and let it cool. Ended up taking about 3 nights to turn it.

Carl Fisher

I've been trying to find who I bought the striped blanks from. I have a few different varieties of them and they have a really nice pearl in the main body color. I also bought a few of their solid blanks that I love but just can't find the record of the purchase to figure out who it was so I can buy more :(

thewishman

I've been trying to find who I bought the striped blanks from. I have a few different varieties of them and they have a really nice pearl in the main body color. I also bought a few of their solid blanks that I love but just can't find the record of the purchase to figure out who it was so I can buy more :(

Did they come from InvisibleMan?

Invisible Blanks - Invisible Blanks Home

Fishinbo

Handsome pens! Like most the black one, the orange and the purple are beautiful as well. They're worth all the effort, turned out really beautiful.

Top Bottom