A few recent ones.(pic heavy)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from 3Peake

3Peake

Here's a few I've managed to make recently, it helps because I've just had a week off and only been on the lathe on 2 days( due to looking after our 7year son and taking him to the parks:rolleyes:)Comments welcome ( that's how I improve things ) but mostly thanks for looking
My attempt at major segmentation......
Picture129.jpg

Purpleheart with beer can between:biggrin:
My attempt at casting a Cholla Cactus with blue mica resin..
Picture138.jpg

A beautiful Ramone Burl from JohnM (I think:redface:)
Picture135.jpg

A JR gent rollerball with a black/gold/copper/silver swirl blank I think from either El Mostro or Ankrom exotics(not sure again - I must start writing down where I get things from)
Picture141.jpg

And a Cigar with one of Buzzzz4's (THINK:redface:) beautiful pinecone blanks,Gotta say these are a lot nicer to turn than plain pinecones:cool:
Picture123.jpg

A JR gent rollerball with the silver & blue rhinoplastic from Ernie at Beartooth woods
Picture128.jpg

My wife bagged the next two for herself as soon as she saw the blanks,
a perfume atomiser with Cetacean seas blank from exoticblanks
Picture132.jpg

And a JR Gent rollerball with a purplehaze blank again from Exoticblanks
Picture121.jpg

And finally a matching pair made as a wedding anniversary present for a friend, who told me what he wanted exactly even down to the copper and silver leaf he wanted casting in the clear resin,I'll find out this weekend whether he's happy with them:question:
Picture099.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

Thanks, I was quite impressed that I only managed to destroy parts of it twice....and rebuild

That's exactly why segments are always a test of nerve for me. If I could drill on the lathe I'd be looking at stuff like that. When I get the lathe set up I do have some kinda insane ideas.

D.Oliver

I could see how the purple segmented pen could driive somebody to drink, but it does look awesome.

wizard

All beautiful! My favorites are the cholla with the blue mica resin and the incredible segmented purpleheart. Thanks for showing all. Regards, Doc

Top Bottom