a few recent ones

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LEAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAP

Some from the last week or so. Its been cool enough to get in the shop with out melting.

click pen in Corian

200781624818_corianclickSmall.jpg

Nice resin from one of the IAP members can't remember who.
200781623921_plasticSmall.jpg

A couple of rosewood burl blanks from Nolan on Jr gents Black Ti and CA. These things were hard to get a photo they are dark.

200781624353_rwburlfpSmall.jpg

200781624422_rwburlrbSmall.jpg

A blank from Ed

200781624518_resinSmall.jpg

Camphor Burl on an El Grande Streamline Ca finish

200781624923_ElgrandeslcamphorburlSmall.jpg

Thanks for looking, pardon the pics, they are getting better but have a long way to go.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LEAP

Thanks guys,
Ed I agree the background leaves a lot to be desired. I grabbed it after the lighter stuff I had was making the pens look so dark you could not see any detail.

Albert, the camphor burl is sweet stuff, sorry I forgot to give you credit for it. I'm jealous of people who have a good sense of smell though. My wife came in the shop and said it smelled great but I could not smell a thing.

mick

Great looking pens Phil, but I've got to know where you got the resin in the second picture...Come on guys fess up who gave Phil that blank? Connie gave me a book last week on identifying and valuing fountain pens and that resin is very much like some of the pens I saw from the 30's.

LEAP

Mick, Here is a link to the post where I bought the blank,
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21724&SearchTerms=italian
Its really sweet to turn.

its_virgil

But not as much fun to drill. The first one I tried melted and I had to change my plans and make a sierra from the other half. but, it is a nice blank and makes a nice pen. Italian Resin...drill slow and use water to keep the blank cool.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by LEAP
<br />Mick, Here is a link to the post where I bought the blank,
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21724&SearchTerms=italian
Its really sweet to turn.

LEAP

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />But not as much fun to drill. The first one I tried melted and I had to change my plans and make a sierra from the other half. but, it is a nice blank and makes a nice pen. Italian Resin...drill slow and use water to keep the blank cool.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

You hit that nail on the head Don, it drilled like rubber. Had to really take it slow and plenty of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom