A Few Purple Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dan Masshardt

Dan Masshardt

Until this week every pen I've turned has been wood. But I've had a growing pile of freebies from exoticblanks and a fairly recently acquired carbide tool.

As has been mentioned before, the purple has been popular among the ladies. They were claimed for purchase same day.

Attachments

• image-516256333.jpg
    image-516256333.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 259
  • image-4292823107.jpg
    image-4292823107.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 229
  • image-455714916.jpg
    image-455714916.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 208
  • image-2565356020.jpg
    image-2565356020.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 216
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sataro

Great job Dan! Those look very nice. That purple color really grabs your attention.

ttpenman

I'm working on a couple purple pens right now. Any chance you remember what blanks you used? And, what did you do for painting the inside of the blanks and/or the tubes? My purples have always come out too dark -- they look great out in the sun but in normal light, too dark. I'm going to try white or silver inside the blanks.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Dan Masshardt

I like the second one better, but both are nice. So are you going abandon your work with wood in favor of bold colors?

That's a false dichotomy. :). I refuse to choose.

I like working with wood. I will certainly now Include some man made materials on the lineup as well.

Dan Masshardt

I'm working on a couple purple pens right now. Any chance you remember what blanks you used? And, what did you do for painting the inside of the blanks and/or the tubes? My purples have always come out too dark -- they look great out in the sun but in normal light, too dark. I'm going to try white or silver inside the blanks.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

The virage pen is deep purple pearl. The first photo shows a 'shiney' stile of sorts. The rest is darker. As the other photo shows.

The Sierra is purple seduction. Both from exotic blanks.

I like purples dark myself. I just bought some lighter purple acrylic paint at Walmart ad painted inside the blank. Seems to have worked fine.

OOPS

The color of those blanks really pop! Maybe using lighter purple paint with the blanks increased the light flow? Mine generally turn out darker, so I might experiment some myself. Thanks for posting these.

Top Bottom