The few and the proud

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from YoYoSpin

YoYoSpin

Picked up some USMC clips from http://www.woodpenpro.com last month and finally got around to modifying one for a cigar pen application...crosscut Redheart on a hybrid ultra-cigar kit - Semper Fi

Cigar_3d.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jhs494

Nice job! The pen has a really nice shape, a kind of elegant bamboo look. It is hard to describe, but I like it. The added clip works well. Although I was Air Force I can still appreciate the military clip.

Great Job! Very nice choice of wood.

pipeyeti

Nice, I'm retired Navy and picked up some of the clips with my Aircrew wings on them and Surface warfare officer clips for my wife (also a vet). I have had great sevice from Jim at www.woodpenpro.com BTW he is also an active duty Navy supply officer. I always like to help out a shipmate.

R2

Yes indeed!!:):):)[^] Finally I can say that I've seen that kit on a pen that I really like in every respect.I'm sure it has to do with the way you have turned the blank to suit the flaring of the kit.

Tanner

That's a beautiful pen! I usually don't like all the contours, grooves and beading on pens, but it works in a subtle way with this one. Nice job!!

YoYoSpin

Thanks everyone…I do appreciate the feedback.

This new ultra cigar kit has some plusses and minuses IMHO, and the jury is still out for me. I’m happy with the quality of the kit but some of the design features are not all that appealing to me, especially the clip, which this USMC replacement fixes nicely :).

JimBobTucson

It is difficult to make these oversized theme clips look like it belongs on a pen. You certainly pulled it off. I just might have try one of these for the Fly-Boys among us.

Top Bottom