A few pens to take with me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolftat

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I made some pens to test out some finishes and to take with me on vacation tomorrow. I will take about 100 pens with me and will hopefully sell some while away. The little backwoods places I am going to have bought a good amount from me in the past and will hopefully keep going strong. I am also raiding my brothers personal stash and am finding some interesting stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_0910.jpg
    IMG_0910.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0917.jpg
    IMG_0917.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0919.jpg
    IMG_0919.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 161
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

desertyellow

It sounds like you have the makings for a great vacation adventure.
Who knows, the vacation may pay for itself.
It has "Business expense" written all over it.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Nice pens. really like the left center one. What kind of wood?

The two middle pens are Israelie Olive Wood and they are both from the same blank, but one has an Enduro finish.

The first set is one of my Banksia Pod casts with blue/green Alumilite and one is finished with Enduro. This is also one blank for both pens. The tob segment on one pen is a marble cast blank that I am working on.

The last pen is from a box that was sitting in someones shop with a few pretubed blanks. It appears to be Bamboo and has a CA/BLO finish.

Last edited:

jskeen

Now I've heard of some mean things before, but drugging your brother up on pain meds then raiding his pen blank stash is pretty close to the top of the list :) You better watch out when he gets back on his feet, he's liable to blow your car up or something :)

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Now I've heard of some mean things before, but drugging your brother up on pain meds then raiding his pen blank stash is pretty close to the top of the list :) You better watch out when he gets back on his feet, he's liable to blow your car up or something :)

If that means I win the meanest brother award...Thank you...it's about time I passed him on this one. Wait until he see the slimlines I plan on making out of his cocobolo burl. I need a new car anyways.

Top Bottom