A few pens I made.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazard

My 2nd and 4th pens that I have made.

The 2nd pen is a platinum slimline with some funky blue acrylic that my daughter picked out at woodcraft. I didn't paint the tubes and they show at the ends. I won't make that mistake again. The acrylic was fun to turn and easy to finish
slimlineblue%20acrylic%2010207a.jpg

slimlineblue%20acrylic%2010207b.jpg

The 4th pen is a gold slimline with hickory. I had some flooring scraps that I used for this. It is heartwood that was close to a knot. I like this pen and it has become my daily user. Easy to grip. I don't think the friction polish held that well because it feels like it is gone
slimline%20hickory10207d.jpg

slimline%20hickory10207e.jpg

The 3rd pen my father confiscated to use. How could I say no. It was another platinum slimline with some darker wood that I got from woodcraft.

Chris

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sparhawk

Nice looking pens. They turned out real good for your first tries. It only gets better from here.(and you might want to sew some deeper pockets in your pants. Youll need em.) Welcome to the addiction.

stevers

I like the blue slimline. Nice choice of colors on the kit. Nice fit on the blue one too. The wooden one looks a little over turned at the center band.

RONB

Passed Away Jan 17, 2011
In Memoriam
You need to keep one of the first you turn to look back on at a later time.It's fun to see the progress.

Fred

Yea, definitely keep one of your first for later comparisons. You will see a big difference in your own work! You are definitely off to a great start. Now, one suggestion ... learn the days the delivery truck shows up at Woodcraft (it varies week to week, so ask) and be there early on. That way you get the good stuff. Be sure to take the kids allowance with you as you are going to need it! [:D]

hazard

Originally posted by Fred_erick
<br />Be sure to take the kids allowance with you as you are going to need it! [:D]

They have already been a bad influence on me. I have taken the kids in ther twice and they end up adding $25 worth of stuff they want me to turn for them.

I turned a wallstreet II last night that makes the slimlines look primitive. I will post pics tonight of them.

This is a great hobby. It is nice to be able to finish a project in 45 minutes or less instead of 20hrs.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom