Few Pens with a Few Friends

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Another one of my little patients wanted to learn how to make a pen...so I had a some time after work yesterday to spend with my brave little friend....and got carried away for several hours with his family and friends..
Was a nice break for me :) Doc

Attachments

• Nathan Elias 3.jpg
    Nathan Elias 3.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 336
  • Nathan Elias 2.jpg
    Nathan Elias 2.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 318
  • Nathan and Kelly Elias.jpg
    Nathan and Kelly Elias.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 348
  • Frank Martinez.jpg
    Frank Martinez.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 336
  • Elias Pens.jpg
    Elias Pens.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 343
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Wonderful experience and cherished memories. How cool is it that their "Doc" also has this incredible "non-medical" aspect to truly humanize him and allow you to see into HIS life and interests.

You are very special... Do you make house call to OHIO :tongue:?

OZturner

Doc, No wonder you chose your post name Wizard, so appropriate,
I Love your Surgery, with the surrounding Instruments, and Medications in those numerous Boxes.
Wonderful Idea and Gesture to have them visit your "Wizards Den", where you create your Special Magic, with your Pens, and on your Guests.
To have them partake in the joy of acheivement. Brilliant.
I Salute you! You are a most Unique and Caring Person.
Brian.

wizard

Thank You!

I Love your Surgery, with the surrounding Instruments, and Medications in those numerous Boxes.
Wonderful Idea and Gesture to have them visit your "Wizards Den", where you create your Special Magic, with your Pens, and on your Guests.
Brian.

Brian,
You are definitely a child at heart! That was a most insightful comment that made me take look a second glance at my shop this morning....the rods and pieces of plastic and wood in labeled boxes, the turning tools/wands and spinning machines that shape them, as well as the papers along with bottles of liquids that make both shaped wood and plastic shine, come to life and write.
Brian...thank you for reminding me to see through the eyes of children...and the magical world that I often forget....
Well..now I have to get some new shop garb...:eek: Watcha think ? Personally prefer purple..LOL
Kind Regards,
Doc:)

Attachments

• Wizard Green.png
    Wizard Green.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Wizard Purple.jpg
    Wizard Purple.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 81

PR_Princess

Brian, try as I might (and I have) I don't think that I could have expressed it any better!

What a truly wonderful and magical day it must have been. A kind and caring heart, that made possible treasured memories and smiles. Special Magic ...without any doubt!!!:)

wizard

Thank You

Wonderful experience and cherished memories. How cool is it that their "Doc" also has this incredible "non-medical" aspect to truly humanize him and allow you to see into HIS life and interests.

You are very special... Do you make house call to OHIO :tongue:?

Mark,
Thank you! I do allow patients to see see the human side of me...and as a result they let me in to their world and share more information for me to help and treat them. I used to hesitate to ask my young patients and their parents what they meant when they made comments such as ..."not quite what we expected" "are you for real?" and "don't act like a real doctor" or "never met one quite like me" but soon came to realize it was a good thing. Parents, when I call to ask to talk to my patient..appear amazed that I actually do want to talk to their 7 year old first prior to talking to them.
Ohio...lol...I wish I could...
Regards,

Last edited:

OZturner

Brian.

Brian,
You are definitely a child at heart! That was a most insightful comment that made me take look a second glance at my shop this morning....the rods and pieces of plastic and wood in labeled boxes, the turning tools/wands and spinning machines that shape them, as well as the papers along with bottles of liquids that make both shaped wood and plastic shine, come to life and write.
Brian...thank you for reminding me to see through the eyes of children...and the magical world that I often forget....
Well..now I have to get some new shop garb...:eek: Watcha think ? Personally prefer purple..LOL
Kind Regards,

Hi Doc,
Definately has to be purple, but I would do away with the long flowing sleeves.
And I think I would leave the long Beard off.
They might get caught in a spinning object, which could get rather painful.
I have it on good authority that Full Time Wizards have the werewithall to Brew up a Spell or a Potion, and Heal themselves.
But I don't know if that applies to Part Time Wizards.
Or just how good is it for a Physician to heal himself.

If you don't have a name for your Workshop, I think you should give it some serious consideration.
Imagine the Impact, You in your Purple Garb, and your Shop bearing a significant Shop Sign.

Ah well, It is 00:13 I had better go to bed before this all gets too silly.

Thanks Doc for your Warm words, and for being you.

My Darling Wife would probably agree and tell you I am definately having a Second Childhood and loving it.

Yours sincerely,
Brian ( a young 76 year old kid).

Last edited:

Brooks803

What a wonderful day! You definitely are one of a kind Doc :biggrin:

All of the pens are wonderful! On the shock absorber, what blank is that? It looks like HRB, but also acrylic. Hard to tell.

bluwolf

Considering your normal day to day workload, I would bet that it's as good a therapy for you as it is for them. Good on you for making their day.

Mike

Top Bottom