Few pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Horspowr89

Horspowr89

This first pen is from blank given to me by mckenziedrums. Thanks again.
e7994c8b386aff0178707ef924ac19a3.jpg

The next 2 pen are from blanks I made. Still learning.
9035de1e6fb43ccb34ddc9cbbff15db6.jpg

fe51666bcceb735ff38d3e4caf3def4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Beautiful pens, and excellent blanks from both of you. What resin did you use? With the cooler temps moving in (ok, 70s but 60s are on their way) I'm about to switch to Alumilite. I don't like using Silmar below 70.

Horspowr89

Beautiful pens, and excellent blanks from both of you. What resin did you use? With the cooler temps moving in (ok, 70s but 60s are on their way) I'm about to switch to Alumilite. I don't like using Silmar below 70.

Thanks. Like the name (TattooedTurner).. I am still very new to the casting. The 2 blanks of mine, I used Alumilite. My first few tries I use the polyester resin. Out of the 10 or so tries I got one blank that was worth trying to turn.
Photo attached.

The Alumilite I didn't have a pressure pot and I brought it in the house to set up. and didn't touch it for over a week.

STILL LEARNING......

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-8.jpg
    FullSizeRender-8.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 155
That one turned out nice. I wasted a lot of my first two gallons of PR on blanks that didn't turn out good. There is a bit of a learning curve regarding when/how to mix the colors together and how much catalyst to use. Alumilite is pretty much fool proof. I prefer PR but each has their advantages.

Gregory Hardy

"The Alumilite I didn't have a pressure pot and I brought it in the house to set up. and didn't touch it for over a week."

And without the pressure pot, were air bubbles a problem for you? I have just started playing and settled on Liquid Diamonds - slow dry time but it settles out quite well without pressure...Alumilite is much cheaper though if it'll work without the pot.

Top Bottom