A few from the past week.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from EBorraga

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Well here are a few pens i've turned over the last week. Haven't had a lot of energy to get out in the shop since the kidney transplant. But i'm starting to build up a little stamina, just slow going.

1st is a .308 Gold TI on a camo blank. Kit is from Gary Max.

2nd is a Tulipwood Sierra

3rd is a blank I won at our December meeting on a cigar kit.

4th is a Kentucky Cactus blank from Gary Max. Inside of blank painted black, on a Vail rollerball in chrome from Beartooth Woods.

Attachments

• EWB Pens (4).jpg
    EWB Pens (4).jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 147
  • EWB Pens (5).jpg
    EWB Pens (5).jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 114
  • EWB Pens (6).jpg
    EWB Pens (6).jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 90
  • EWB Pens (2).jpg
    EWB Pens (2).jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 137
  • EWB Pens (3).jpg
    EWB Pens (3).jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 116
  • EWB Pens.jpg
    EWB Pens.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 131
  • EWB Pens (1).jpg
    EWB Pens (1).jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 109
  • EWB Pens (7).jpg
    EWB Pens (7).jpg
    34 KB · Views: 132
  • EWB Pens (8).jpg
    EWB Pens (8).jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 137
  • EWB Pens (9).jpg
    EWB Pens (9).jpg
    26 KB · Views: 159
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

Nice set Ernie.

I think you may have assembled the Cactus backwards. If they kit is like the Jr's then there is a taper which would explain why the finial looks underturned and the nib end overturned. The hardware is slightly different in diameter.

Gary Max

Ernie bring the Cactus pen with you next week and let me have a look at it----Mike's thought could be right. Really like the pen stand---glad it found a good home.

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Yea, I'm pretty sure it's backwards. Didn't really notice until assembled. First dang one of the Jr. Series I made. That's why I made it my pen.

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Well when you sit home 24 hours a day, it's not hard making a few pens. As for major surgery, I feel like a million bucks, recovery has been pretty good. But only have enough energy to stay in the shop about an hour and a half at the most. Then I take a break and go back out later.

Lenny

Well when you sit home 24 hours a day, it's not hard making a few pens. As for major surgery, I feel like a million bucks, recovery has been pretty good. But only have enough energy to stay in the shop about an hour and a half at the most. Then I take a break and go back out later.

Glad to hear that you are doing good in your recovery!

Great job on the pens .... backwards or not I really like that Kentucky Cactus ! :)

Bree

Ernie...

Looks like you are back in gear! Fine work!

Ya gotta watch out cuz these guys can be tough... like hawks on the mountain waiting for something to move on the valley floor! I have a Fat Red Apple Cigar sitting right in front of me with a bushing flip of the #3 and #4 bushings. I view those "flaws" like knots in wood... a sign of it's being genuine!! I love the pen despite it's genuineness.

Of course, it's a house pen like yours!
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom