a few other odds and ends

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jskeen

jskeen

And just to prove that I actually do occasionally turn a pen, here's a catchall of a few new toys.

First one is black palm, with custom finials out of a piece of blackbuck horn. The bottom was supposed to mirror the profile of the top, but the palm wood just wouldn't hold that level of detail, and it ended up getting sanded down to....something else. oh well. Actually, the blackbuck horn is almost indistinguishable from the black enamel factory finial in all but very bright sunlight, so I think if I do it again, I may try ebony to hold the detail better, and ivory for the finials. On the plus side, it's nice and light, and a joy to write with.

Next is some sort of blue with gold I got from Ed, mostly because he only had one left in stock, and I could claim it "will never be duplicated". Unless of course Ed has a couple stashed back in his private horde, in which case I may look a little silly.

Last is one my eldest spawn just about confiscated from me when he saw it. Probably because he realized that I swiped the temporary tat from his personal collection. Anyway, I had to promise to let him help make the next one once I get some white PVC pipe blanks, as this is the last green one I had, and he didn't like the baby blue or the purple. Gotta go shmooze the city utility guys again.

Pardon the questionable pics, I'm still working on the lights for my box, but opinions, comments or questions welcome.

Attachments

• blackonblack1.jpg
    blackonblack1.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 112
  • blackonblack2.jpg
    blackonblack2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 103
  • blue1.jpg
    blue1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 103
  • tat1.jpg
    tat1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 126
  • tat2.jpg
    tat2.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 104

maxman400

Great Looking Pens, I am glad to see some one else using the tattoos on PVC. I have not tried one that wraps all the way around the cap yet, great job.

Top Bottom