A Few New Urushi's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from chriselle

chriselle

Here are 4 of the 10 Urushi clipless I just finished. Materials are black alumilite and/or black ebonite with a bunch :biggrin: of sap slopped on them. It only took about a month for this set. This was an experiment to see if I could use alumilite in place of ebonite. The urushi seems to bond ok with the alumilite. The next group will have clips but my wife (she's the one who sells them) likes them without clips. Anyway, thanks for looking.

Attachments

• group resized.jpg
    group resized.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 442
  • duo.jpg
    duo.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 313
  • tiger urushi.jpg
    tiger urushi.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 257
  • tiger uncapped.jpg
    tiger uncapped.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

No point in asking how much they sell for. I could never afford them.

Absolutely gorgeous!

You don't need to thank us for looking. It is our treat. :)

robutacion

I, and like everyone else, think those are just magnificent and while Peter touched the subject of pricing, he made me think that they will sell at a very hight price but, how much, in dollars...??? that I would like to know and maybe many others, here...!!!

Cheers
George

chriselle

Beautiful Chris!! I absolutely love the color.. and the tiger patterning!! Is that new?

Thank you Dawn. No, I've been doing the tiger pattern for a few years now. I got a really interesting book on fishing rod urushi finishing and it has a bunch of interesting pattern how to's... just copying a few of those. Fun stuff.

I, and like everyone else, think those are just magnificent and while Peter touched the subject of pricing, he made me think that they will sell at a very hight price but, how much, in dollars...??? that I would like to know and maybe many others, here...!!!

Cheers
George

Thank you George. Well, these were just a test batch to see if Alumilite would work as a base and as you can see I didn't pre-polish the threads and tenon area....maybe I should have..:wink: Also, they don't have clips so I can whip out the bodies and caps pretty quickly and the urushi process went relatively quickly. As these are tests...I probably won't sell them but better examples will go from $180 up to around $500~$700 for the ones that take many months. All of this design would be around the $160 to $180 mark.

Beautiful work Chris! Love the glow these have.

Thank you Oh...pour master.:wink:

Top Bottom