A few New Specials

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dai Sensei

Dai Sensei

First up is an incomplete lazer cut blank, only the ebony, so I cast the remainder with yellow and red Pearlex to give a real flame look. This will be a gift to someone retiring at work who is into rock & roll. CA finish then mounted on a black enamel Sierra.

1_RR_Flame1.jpg
1_RR_Flame2.jpg

Next is some Red ironbark tree bark, cast in blue Pearlex, then stabilised with Cactus Juice before turning. CA finish and mounted on a Black Titanium Baron.

1_RIB_Bark1.jpg
1_RIB_Bark2.jpg

Cheers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JasonM

Both of them look very sharp! I can't decide which I like better!

Is the black flame actually sitting on top of the yellow and red? Great effect.

Last edited:

Jim Burr

Banned
Can't pick a favorite Neal!!! But, I'm getting ready to start pressure casting and am wondering on the ironwood...could you have stabilized it first and then cast it? Any particular reason for casting first? Just asking for education.

Dai Sensei

Thanks for the comments :wink:

Is the black flame actually sitting on top of the yellow and red? Great effect.

The Ebony flame is placed on a tube, then cast in a resin saver type mold, and the two resins cast over the whole thing. As I turned it the Ebony re-appeared :cool:

..I'm getting ready to start pressure casting and am wondering on the ironwood...could you have stabilized it first and then cast it? Any particular reason for casting first? Just asking for education.

I cast first as I want all the the little holes and cracks filled with the coloured resins. If you stabilise first a lot of holes fill up with the stabiliser and then the resin can't get in. The main thing when stabilizing is to ensure the wood/bark is exposed by sanding etc, otherwise the resin can lock the air in.

Cheers

Top Bottom