A few new pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jclark58

jclark58

I've been turning a bunch of pens lately in preparation for an upcoming show.

pens.jpg

Closed Ended Baron Rollerballs. Top to bottom - 2 tone Honey Locust, Oak Burl w/ Turquoise, Curly Koa, Pomelle Bubinga, Olive, Amboyna Burl, and Desert Ironwood.

saguarocigar.jpg

Saguaro Cactus Rib Cigar. Turned from a rib I recently offered in some mixed lots in the classifieds.

curlysumacbaron.jpg

Curly African Sumac Rollerball. Turned from some African Sumac harvested locally last year, also recently offered in some mixed lots in the classifieds. The wood is plain when first finished but exposure to UV light turns it red.

Thanks for Looking
Jason

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jclark58

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I finally got around to turning some closed ended after experiencing a bit of a fiasco the first time I tried turning one, well over a year ago.

Cav, The labeling is correct, the Curly Koa is above the Pomelle Bubinga.

Chris, It's quite a dramatic change, I've had a blank sitting on the front porch for a couple of days so I can show the color change the next time I put some blanks up in the classifieds.

Jason

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by jclark58

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I finally got around to turning some closed ended after experiencing a bit of a fiasco the first time I tried turning one, well over a year ago.

Cav, The labeling is correct, the Curly Koa is above the Pomelle Bubinga.

Chris, It's quite a dramatic change, I've had a blank sitting on the front porch for a couple of days so I can show the color change the next time I put some blanks up in the classifieds.

Jason

In that case, I am REALLY impressed with the Bubinga!!!!!!

vick

Very nice group.

For those of you that are unfamiliar with African Sumac it is probably my favorite locally grown wood to work with. It cuts beautifully, finishes great and look spectacular after it has been set out to tan.

Do your self a favor and grab some the next time Jason lists it. I know some people will be a little leary since it is actually a pretty ugly wood until you put it in the sun. You just have to have a little faith on this one.

Top Bottom