A few new pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lkorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkorn

I finally got around to taking a few snapshots.

BARON's from the top;

Afzilla Burl, CA Finish.
Korn Kob, CA finish
Bloodwood, CA Finish

200589141046_Baron.jpg

Cigars; left to right

Zebrawood, Lacquer
Honduran Rosewood, Lacquer
Black Locust Burl, Lacquer
Corian, plastic polish
African Blackwood, lacquer
Bubinga, Lacquer

200589141155_Cigars.jpg

Jr. Statesmen: from top

Curly Bubinga, CA
Afzilla, CA
Cocobolo, CA

200589141255_Jr%20Statesnen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

They look good from here, Larry! Looks like you've been busy! Are you spraying your lacquer, or brushing it on? I brushed my first three (good results), and dipped the last two (mediocre results). Haven't tried the spray yet, but I'm not sure I like the dipping. Waiting for it to cure doesn't really bother me, I just haven't been pleased with the result.

lkorn

Actually, I've used two methods. The first and better method is Spray Deft. I'll put about three coats on the slowly spinning wood. Each coat about ten-fifteen minutes apart, then let it dry to the touch. Then another three coats. Let is sit for the best part of a week (atleast five days) then gently apply a fine automotive polishing compound (very wet), then plastic polish, finish itoff with Ren-wax.

If I'm in a hurry, I use a "Lacquer-based" friction polish. At least three coats, and wait a day before handling it.

alamocdc

Thanks, Larry, same approach as my brushed lacquer. I may try my air brush on some next week. It's just such a hassle to clean I would need to have five or ten ready to spray to make it worth the effort.

lkorn

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />Thanks, Larry, same approach as my brushed lacquer. I may try my air brush on some next week. It's just such a hassle to clean I would need to have five or ten ready to spray to make it worth the effort.

Thats why Deft puts the stuff in spray cans [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom