A few new ones from me too

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

Status
Not open for further replies.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I managed to get a few hours to myself today:D The top two are a first for me, they are called simply 'Stylish Pen' from Axminster UK.
The bottom is a modded slim with a bit of braid that I cast some time ago. All the white parts are Alt Ivory. The new Stylish pens are very cheap ( £1.90 ) but I had to Loctite the hardware together, but they make a change to the slimlines. I had a pretty good pic using Picasa, but couldn't figure out how to resize, so I had to go back to MS Photo Editor, so it's not great. ( Not that they ever were )[:I]

2007827195924_newpens.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
I love that blue one!! My second fav is the braided one. That looks just sooo sharp!

Man I wish you were closer. I would happily trade you photo "tutoring" for "blank making tutoring"!!

GK

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Greg, do you see the jagged edges in the reflections, that I was talking about? When I opened the pic in Picasa, it was really good. Looked in focus, nice and sharp and no funny edges either. When you do the photo tutorial, I'll get better. ( I may even send you some blanks )[;)]

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
steven,

I do see the jaggies. What it looks like to me is that you software cut the "quality" down to make the picture smaller and cut it way too far.

Send me your original photo (greg AT ketell DOT com) and let me take a look at it. Then send me you picassa'd photo. I'll load Picassa on my work machine and we'll figure it out.

GK

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Originally posted by theturningcircle
<br />Good workmanship Steven[:)]. I'm curious about the kit from Axminster. Whats your impression on its quality and is the plating chrome? I'm very impressed with the castings. How about bringing a few to sell when we all meet in September.
Ian

Thanks all for great comments, if you keep on praising me like that I'll have to start selling my pens[:I]

Ian, besides having to glue the bits together it seems ok. I'm pretty sure it's only chrome. I don't think Axminster would sell any pen for less than 2 quid if it was rhodium. Our vendors seem to be very vague on the plating quality. I haven't been doing pens long enough to judge plating quality. It has a 8.5mm tube which is pre-sanded and allows a much thicker blank wall thickness. The tube is 80mm long so I have to drill in two stages on my drill press.
I like them enough to buy some more.

If I get a chance to cast some more braid, then I'll bring some for you. But first I need to send some more to someone else ( sorry Jim )

Greg, thanks for the help offline. It's working[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom