A few new ones

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ranic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranic

The Churchills were going to be a pair in desert ironwood but one exploded while drilling so I went with cocobolo for the rollerball. The Stateman is cherry burl. All are finished with CA. These kits are all firsts for me and I have my first Gentlemans still in the works because I don't get good results with the CA finish on cocobolo, it always turns out cloudy. I used lacquer instead and am waiting for it to cure.

2006515214752_DSCN0135f.jpg

2006515214811_DSCN0141f.jpg

2006515214834_DSCN0143f.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Paul Downes

Ranic, I also like the cherry burl. I guess I'll have to find some 'o that wood. I was a little suprised on your comment about cloudy CA finish on the cocobola. I use it all the time and haven't noticed that as a problem. I always put a coat of blo on first and then overcoat with CA 4-5 times. I haven't been totally happy with the finish, but I atribute that to not sanding past 3600 mm. I have just ordered micro mesh to 12000 and plan on sanding/polishing to that from now on. I just got an order for 7 platinum cigars with bias cut cocobola, so I want to perfect the glass look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom