A few new ones

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Exabian

Exabian

Got a chance to get into the shop yesterday and was able to try out a new kit for me, the Designer NT, and try out some rub in color wax I picked up. I also knocked out a Wall Street I was trying to get to. Used Bethlehem olive wood.

In order:
Green (the wax was gold) is some wood I picked up from hobby lobby.
Pink/red (the wax is red) is maple.
And the Wall Street.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 176
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Rub in dye, hadn't thought too much about doing that....but it does give a different 'look' to the timber.

I'm guessing that the dye in the wax was easier to get into the tracheids cells and not the xylem cells, giving the overall impression of the grain standing out better. Guess I need to stop studying the cell structure of wood and get some pens made myself:eek:

Well done!!!!

Scott (it's cool) B

Hendu3270

Great job on the pens. I've seen the colored wax for pens but never actually seen it on a pen. Very interesting how it highlighted the grain on the green test pen.

Hendu3270

I'm guessing that the dye in the wax was easier to get into the tracheids cells and not the xylem cells, giving the overall impression of the grain standing out better. Guess I need to stop studying the cell structure of wood and get some pens made myself:eek:

Scott (it's cool) B

LOL:biggrin:

Top Bottom