A few new closed end pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Old Lar

Old Lar

I am fortunate to have a customer who likes closed end pens with no clasps. She selects the blank and I make the pen. The first is a green dyed maple. The second is a pink acrylic and the third a parrot bay acrylic. The fourth a shamrock color explosion and the last is a dymonwood (accidently blew out the ends). They are on modified jr gent II's or Classic Elites.
These are great fun to make and now that I have pin chucks to fit the different sizes, it is even better.

Attachments

• 760 Dyed Maple FP CE.jpg
    760 Dyed Maple FP CE.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 209
  • 786 Pink Acrylic.jpg
    786 Pink Acrylic.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 191
  • 788 Parrot Bay Acrylic Jr Gent II.jpg
    788 Parrot Bay Acrylic Jr Gent II.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 239
  • 793 Shamrock ColorExp c.jpg
    793 Shamrock ColorExp c.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 241
  • 756a GM Dymondwood.jpg
    756a GM Dymondwood.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 297
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Great looking pens and you are fortunate. I have trouble selling closed end pens for some reason. A good repeat customer of mine will not buy a closed end, as she wants to post the caps. She is a nurse of some sort.

Old Lar

Thanks for the comments. She really likes closed end pens because they look like vintage pens, which she also collects.

moke

Those look great! I noted that you are changing the shape of the "ends". I have been doing the same thing...which one do you prefer?

Old Lar

I try to change them up depending on how much blank I have to work with. I like the flatter end like the shamrock color explosion. I also like the black ends on the dymonwood. The rounder ends remind me of a commercially made pen.

I think that working on the closed ends will help me with figuring out my kit less efforts.

Top Bottom