A few more for the troops.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick_G

Rick_G

Back in August one of the guys from church handed me 2 pieces of African Ebony. For pens for the troops. He also had the kids in Sunday school that day do some pictures and notes to go with them. (they sat for 3 days spread out in the trunk of my car for the glue to dry
smile.gif
) My wife's nephew is stationed in the middle east so I sent the pens in the 1st picture to him to hand out. 4 in Ebony, 1 dyed maple and a green acrylic. The fountain pen was a special order for a female W.O. he worked with that collected fountain pens. It's done with some bog oak I received from Øistein. I'm told she had tears in her eyes when he gave it to her so I guess she liked it.

The slims in the next picture are what I got out of the rest of the ebony, they will be sent to Jim in the next day or so. As soon as my wife writes some letters to go with a few of them.

Attachments

• 2035.png
    2035.png
    773.9 KB · Views: 193
  • 2044.png
    2044.png
    441.6 KB · Views: 195
  • 2045.jpg
    2045.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 128
  • 2046.jpg
    2046.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 122
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Awesome Rick! I have a shipment ready to go in a few weeks with a banner from the Ottawa Wood-show, so these beauties will be perfect as always...You are very generous and they always appreciate your beautiful work!

Rick_G

Awesome Rick! I have a shipment ready to go in a few weeks with a banner from the Ottawa Wood-show, so these beauties will be perfect as always...You are very generous and they always appreciate your beautiful work!

Thanks Jim, got the letters from the wife tonight so 10 pens will be in the mail in the morning so hold off that shipment till they get there.

I took ed4copies up on his ti gold slimlines offer so there will be 20 more in the mail sometime in the new year. For some reason the wife thinks the kitchen rebuild should be priority so I sneak a pen in every so often. I'm taking the easy way out though the cupboards are in pretty good shape for the most part but have sliding doors which we hate so I am building face frames and new doors. My biggest single expense looks like it might be the vent fan for the stove. I need one that hangs from the ceiling in the center of the room and for some reason they seem to be double the price of the ones that mount against a wall. :confused: Putting off tearing out one set of overhead cupboards until I find one I can afford or find one that goes against a wall I can modify.

Top Bottom