A few more pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bitshird

bitshird

I had some time over the past two weeks, a few hours anyway to actually turn pens, Wow what a long strange trip it's been.
First is a Honduras Rosewood Burl, with a bit of sapwood which I got a while back from Rodney (Wolfdancer) on an Imperial Rollerball kit, I realize these are becoming a dime a dozen pen, but they will still be a high class pen.
Honduras-Imperial-1.jpg

Honduras-Imperial-2.jpg

Honduras-imperial-3.jpg

And a Cactus blank from Curtis (Mesquiteman) on a Jr Retro Fountain kit, I love turning his blanks.
Cactus-Retro-1.jpg

Cactus-Retro-2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turbowagon

Great job on both! I really like the HRB and the cactus blank goes well with the retro. Thanks for sharing.

- Joe

bitshird

Ken, both look great, but I always favor Honduras Rosewood Burl.

Louis it's not fair, you got to see it in person, I really hope CSUSA has enough sense to come up with a decent replacement for the Imperial, I only have two left and they are in black TI and will be slipped into Casien, I wish I could find a Gold fountain to pair with this Rollerball, I have several nice pieces of HRB left.

Bree

Great job! I like the natural look on them. Sometimes the high gloss of our CA finishes gets a little overbearing. These finishes are toned down and very natural which really highlights the wood in the HRB and the cactus in the other pen. I think they are fresh and lovely!
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom