A few more Kitless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from chriselle

chriselle

I don't post pens that often so along with the Urushi pens here are a few other component-less pens. The first one is a nice Alabaster swirl...pretty material and difficult to photograph. The 2nd is a brown swirl ebonite darkened with clear urushi. And the 3rd is a nice pearl blue swirl. All are 12mm triple start with either Bock or MeisterNib front sections.

Attachments

• IMG_9091 small.jpg
    IMG_9091 small.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_9101small.jpg
    IMG_9101small.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_9103 small.jpg
    IMG_9103 small.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 194
  • coloured blue.jpg
    coloured blue.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 235
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chriselle

As you've eluded to before Shawn....blues are kind of weird. Until you turn them you never know if you'll like them or not. This one for me is not too bad. I have a few more in that Amedeo blue acrylic which I really like.

mrburls

Very nice work Chris. I enjoy seeing your finish on your pens. The brown ebonite is my favorite, like the way the cap matches up with the rest of the pen.

Keith "mrburls"

chriselle

Chris,
Your workmanship is exquisite. These are really beautiful pens.

Thank you Cindy. I'm starting to get the hang of the kitless thing.

Chris you have a knack for making beautiful pens.

I don't recall seeing those clips before. They look good on your pens.

Pete, thanks..those are new one from IPD and Classic nib...nice clips.

Very nice work Chris. I enjoy seeing your finish on your pens. The brown ebonite is my favorite, like the way the cap matches up with the rest of the pen.

Keith "mrburls"

Well, with the triple starts I get three chances...:wink:

ajk251

Gorgeous pens! Great work! I really like the alabaster and blue swirl. You mentioned urushi...does this mean like a lacquer or the it-takes-months-of-applications urushi?

Keep up the great work!

bluwolf

I don't post pens that often so along with the Urushi pens here are a few other component-less pens. The first one is a nice Alabaster swirl...pretty material and difficult to photograph. The 2nd is a brown swirl ebonite darkened with clear urushi. And the 3rd is a nice pearl blue swirl. All are 12mm triple start with either Bock or MeisterNib front sections.

Which begs the simple question...WHY?!

All beautiful, but I have a thing for blue, especially around this shade.

Mike

Robert111

Chris, what a beautiful trio! I love them all. I see you're using one of the new clips and if you used 12mm threads, I'm guessing that you must have had to cut the ring on the clip and rebend it, right?

chriselle

Chris, what a beautiful trio! I love them all. I see you're using one of the new clips and if you used 12mm threads, I'm guessing that you must have had to cut the ring on the clip and rebend it, right?

No, the finials are 9x.75 so they fit BUT...these pens are fairly slim and those clips have some meat on the rings so I had to grind them down a bit to fit inside the finial tenon.

These are really nice pens Chris. You've done well in your quest to turn your own pens. Thanks for posting them.

Just following your lead Obi wan....:wink:

Gorgeous pens! Great work! I really like the alabaster and blue swirl. You mentioned urushi...does this mean like a lacquer or the it-takes-months-of-applications urushi?

Keep up the great work!

Yes, that lacquer... the ebonite has about 7 or 8 film layers of urushi. Basically, you wipe it on and wipe it all off.....and repeat many times.

Yes, the lacquer that when you get a tiny spot of splatter on the inside of your calf while wearing shorts it turns into a fist sized itchy, burning, blistering mess. Argh....part and parcel I guess.

Thank you all.

Last edited:

wizard

Those are absolutely beautiful !!!!

LOL....... "I'm starting to get the hang of the kitless thing"

Chris, I think you pretty much mastered it!!!! Regards, Doc:)

Top Bottom