A few more graduation pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from D.Oliver

D.Oliver

I took some styling cues from Chuck (http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/vintage-style-fp-91687/) for this this pen. I always loved how the black cap looked on Chuck's pen and with the cap the same as the pen I thought it was just a little too much orange so I made a black cap. What do you guys think?

Pen 034.jpg
Pen 032.jpg

So after I made the cap for the pen above I had a half of a black blank lying on the bench next to the Franklin blanks I was about to start turning. I thought they looked pretty good together, so I paired the top barrel of the franklin with a black lower barrel and some gold compenents and I'm pretty pleased with the result. I love how detailed Bruce makes these. Just take a look at the close up to see what I mean.

Pen 037.jpg
Pen 038.jpg
Pen 039.jpg

This is an Appletini blank from exotics paired with gunmetal Euro components.

Pen 031.jpg

No grey area here. I actually caught the opalescents fairly decent in the pictures too!

Pen 035.jpg
Pen 036.jpg

And lastly I have the same blank that Hans made his kitless clicker from looking far less appealing.

Pen 029.jpg

As always comments and critism not only welcome but encouraged. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

Thanks Peter. It's my favorite too. I'll have to give the credit to Bruce on this one though. He has a lot more do with with how good that pen looks than I do.

Sataro

They all look great... But I've got to agree with some of the others. I really like that Franklin.

tkbarron

I like the Franklin pen a lot - great contrast there. IMO, it looks much more interesting this way as opposed to showing currency at both ends.

Tom

bruce119

Derek

Great looking batch of pens.

I like what you did with the Franklin. That's the way to stretch your money :wink:

:biggrin: NICE JOB :biggrin:

Top Bottom