A few more for consignment!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Now that I finally got that large order done I used a bit of "free" time today to turn a few pens to be sent out on consignment. I've got a few more I want to make to go along with these but I've got to get them prepped first. I hope you enjoy these! I used Chrome/Blk Ti Aero Click pens for all of them. I really like these! I think they'll be a big hit with those in the medical profession.

First up was made with a cast of leftover resin from a few different batches. It has Black,White,Turquoise, and a touch of Hot Pink.

DSC03057 (599x700).jpg DSC03051 (587x700).jpg

Second is one made with a mix of Vintage Purple & Pink. I first reverse painted with a bright metallic purple for the 1st coat followed by 1 coat of black to be certain the brass wouldn't show. You can see the metallic paint best in the closeup:

DSC03044 (567x700).jpg DSC03049 (591x700) (591x700).jpg DSC03048 (561x700).jpg

Third and last is one done with a Vintage Crimson blank. Reverse painted first with a nice medium red followed by a coat of black. I'm having reservations about letting this one go! It came out perfect (IMO):

DSC03060 (627x700).jpg DSC03066 (607x700).jpg DSC03064 (633x700).jpg

Thanks for looking! Any and all comments/critiques are always welcomed and appreciated :biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jyreene

Amazing pens Jon. Once I finish my order I'm doing now ill probably buy some of those kits.

I totally understand what you are talking about with painting the blanks and the colors. That's a perfect example. Just got permission to go to hobby lobby tomorrow and buy a few colors to paint with. Thanks. This helped convince the wife!

Also I like that red one a lot. But that pink and purple really showcases how painting can change it.

Last edited:
Your work really is amazing, Jonathan. You start off with your beautiful blanks, and do them proud with your paint job, fit, and finish. I'm glad you found the IAP, as pens appear to be what you were meant to do.

BSea

Those are beauties for sure. I think I like the 1st one the best. How do you like the Aero click pen? I might have to give those a try. I do like the size of the aero for a pocket pen.

GeneL74

Beautiful pens! The blanks are amazing!

I really like the aero click pen too... Definitely on my list of kits to try!

jaywood1207

Great looking pens.

On the purple you mentioned you painted with the metallic paint followed by a coat of black. If you put black on top of the metallic why is the metallic showing through. Shouldn't we see more black than metallic? That confused me.

Brooks803

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Those are beauties for sure. I think I like the 1st one the best. How do you like the Aero click pen? I might have to give those a try. I do like the size of the aero for a pocket pen.

Thanks Bob! I really like it. It feels like the same click mech in the long click kits.

They look awesome!

Are you brush painting inside, or spraying? As the inside painting looks super smooth!

Thanks Phil! I use an artists brush to do my painting. Another step I do is use a soft wire brush to clean out any dust on the inside just after drilling.

Great looking pens.

On the purple you mentioned you painted with the metallic paint followed by a coat of black. If you put black on top of the metallic why is the metallic showing through. Shouldn't we see more black than metallic? That confused me.

Thanks! You have to remember that I'm painting the INSIDE of the blank. So the first color used will be the color shown through the blank. The black will be underneath that. Hope that clears it up better.

How do you NOT put the combustion blank on one of those come on you are slipping in your old age.

HA! Funny that you said that. I actually did make one with a combustion blank. But the paint got scraped badly when I put in the tube and showed through. So I had to toss it.

Beautiful pens and blanks. How does the Aero click hold up?

ZIP IT!

Thanks! The click seems sturdy to heavy use. It's the same mech as in the long click from CSUSA and I used one of those daily for about a year without incident. So would think these will be just as good.

lorbay

Jonathon, your blanks are amazing. It really is hard to describe them, their kind of 3 D yet transparent that you can see depth right past the colors.

Lin.

Top Bottom