A few more

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Smitty37

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
These will be among the pens I send to Gary for the Troops. I don't know the wood for sure on any of these, but they look decent and write well.
con4.jpg con5.jpg con6.jpgcon7.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Very nice pens I really like the way your doing them now they look much better then the concave. Those are going to be great for the troops.

shortz1lla

Nice pens Smitty. I, too, am of the opinion that they look better without any concavity. My guesses as to the woods, left to right: Katalox w/sapwood, Flame Box Elder, no idea, Granadillo.

Edward Cypher

Smitty I like the second one the best. Thanks for what you do for the troops. My daughter in Japan recieved one from pens for the troops. She loves it. And yes it does seem that someone hijacked the thread.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I'm going to be doing 10 more. BTW I blew one today....some how I got the bottom barrel way and I mean WAY too short. So I have a dark top and I'm going to put a curly Maple bottom on it. I have an idea that it will look good.

kovalcik

I was never really deawn to those kits because of the concave top in the PSI catalog. I like your versions. I am going to have to check some out.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Seems like turning the concava without the concave basically gets you a graduate pen.

It is a pretty good looking pen.
Not quite, the Graduate is bigger, has 1 7mm and 1 3/8th tube vs both 7mm in the Concava- the Graduate has a straight centerband vs a stepped centerband on Concava, a similar but different clip, uses different bushings and carry's a slightly higher price tag (except 24K gold which is the same). You get a look that is close to the graduate (I like Concava better myself) but it is quite different as a kit.

LeeR

Nice pens, Smitty.

I tracked down the thread from Gary about the Service Pens program. He said it was not restricted to slimline kits, which came up in another thread. I don't have but a few slimlines, so I'm going to do some of my other kits.

Newly retired, I need something to do in the few minutes each day that I am taking a break from my wife's long list of honey-do's.

Top Bottom