A few Lutice Pens from Indy Pen Dance

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mrburls

mrburls

Here are two lucite pens I did with blanks from Indy Pen Dance.
First is Sapphire lucite with inside of barrel painted a rich bright blue color.
Second is Emerald Green lucite with inside of barrel painted bright green color.

Keith "mrburls"

Attachments

• 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 299
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 298
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Keith, I like both the colours, especially the green. Are the paler stripes part of the blanks or the lighting of the picture?

IPD_Mr

Nicely done Keith. I have to admit that I was not real fond of the Emerald when we first started stocking it, but it has grown on me. After eight years in the Army green tends to get pushed to the back when you have other choices. :rolleyes:

What type of paint did you use to paint the blanks and did you use CA or Epoxy to glue the tubes in.

mrburls

Keith, I like both the colours, especially the green. Are the paler stripes part of the blanks or the lighting of the picture?

It is in the color of the pen blank. The iridescent which is usually on two sides of the blank. The figure gets stronger as you move it around.

Keith "mrburls"

mrburls

Nicely done Keith. I have to admit that I was not real fond of the Emerald when we first started stocking it, but it has grown on me. After eight years in the Army green tends to get pushed to the back when you have other choices. :rolleyes:

What type of paint did you use to paint the blanks and did you use CA or Epoxy to glue the tubes in.

I always use epoxy to glue all my tubes in blanks no matter what the material.
The paint I use is Testers most of the time. If I can't find the color I'm looking for sometimes its Model Master acryl or DecoArt Metallics acrylic. All found at Hobby Lobby.

Keith "mrburls"

mrburls

Hey Keith,

Fantastic work as always but I want to see more wood! ;)

Charles

Sent from my iTouch.

Hey Charles, I'm thinking I may have to change my name from "mrburls" been using so much resin lately. All those beautiful high quality burl blanks just sitting on the shelf screaming choose me choose me :biggrin:
But I've got a few I will be doing in the next couple of weeks, hopefully.

Keith "mrburls"

Top Bottom