A Few Lucite Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mrburls

mrburls

Bought a number of different lucite blanks from Ed and Dawn and just started turning a few of them. I would recomend painting the inside of the blanks after drilling them as not to see the glue or tubes. Different paint colors on the same type of blank can really vary the outcome.

The first is the rootbeer float on a Jr. Gent I painted the inside of barrel a darker brown color.

Second is the black lucite on a Jr. Statesmen, painted just black inside of barrel.

Third is the Kahlua and Cream on a Jr. Gent, painted tan color inside of barrel.

Fourth is a Sapphire Blue on a Jr. Gent, painted bright blue inside of barrel.

They all turn easily and polish up bright and shiny. As I finish up some of the other colors of lucite I will post more pics.

Keith "mrburls"

Attachments

• 069.jpg
    069.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 304
  • 063.jpg
    063.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 229
  • 066.jpg
    066.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 182
  • 082.jpg
    082.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 245
  • 074.jpg
    074.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 273
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Keith, Those are a set of beautiful pens ! Favorite is definitely the root beer float. The swirls seem a lot more pronounced by painting with the darker brown color. What brand of paints do you use? Do they come in a set like Testors? Great job! Thanks for sharing. Regards, Doc

jcoelho

Those are some fine pens you got there.
I particularly like the Sapphire Blue and the Rootbeer Float.
Makes me want to have a go at Lucite someday.
:good:

wiset1

The root beer one looks much richer with the brown paint. I used white and it washed the colors a bit, but offered a nice look. These look awesome!

mrburls

Keith, Those are a set of beautiful pens ! Favorite is definitely the root beer float. The swirls seem a lot more pronounced by painting with the darker brown color. What brand of paints do you use? Do they come in a set like Testors? Great job! Thanks for sharing. Regards, Doc

Hi Doc, I use both Testors and I think it is called Model. They are usually both together at Hobby Lobby.

Keith "mrburls"

Top Bottom