A few from the last couple days...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from phil

phil

Here's a few from today and yesterday. Another one piece slim, only i used a saturn clip this time. i like that style MUCH better than the ball on the end of a slim clip. Cant remember what the blank was, but it was a freebie from Bear Tooth Woods. Picture dosnt show it well, but it has some amazing figure depth to it.

IMG_0211.jpg

Next are two new ones for me. Carbara from B.T.W. the green one is my new daily driver. i LOVE this pen. everything about it just screams Phil! i was a bit apprehensive about making this style. but after i saw how small the kit was i fell in love. The red one is for my wife. she wanted one after i showed her mine.

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

Last one is the same blank as above, only on an Elegant Sierra Pencil. TLOML said she needed a pencil and who was i to argue!

IMG_0213.jpg

C and C welcome, but thanks for looking either way!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

Phil,

These examples of brave colour overtake you in seeing double bit like trick mirrors but still pass through as top pens.

It seems the season of poured blanks and they are superb.

I can see why they have full acceptance for me in spite of being timber oriented.

Regards Peter.

ctubbs

Way to go Phil. That is some prime work. The fit and finish is spot on with all the pens. That first one, the one piece RED one, really knocks the eyes out.
One thing about the photos, mirrors are great. They let you show more than one side at a time, but they do have one problem. If you use a good heavy mirror, as you have, you get ghosting from the reflections in the glass and the reflective coating. If you can find a small front surface mirror for your photos, that will stop the multiple image problem. Also the steeper the angle of camera to glass, the lower the chance of multi image. Great photos. well focused and exposed.
Charles

phil

Thanks guys.

Peter, i am the type that naturally gravitates tward wood too (i make wooden bows and arrows as well as pens), but ive been kind of taken by the rich colors you can get from the acrylics. Thanks for the coments!

Charles, thank you for the complements. I was wondering where the ghosting was coming from. I had switched to a different mirror than what i usually go with, and i did have the camera almost level with the pens. Thanks much for the tip!

Top Bottom