A few I turned today.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SkookumPens

SkookumPens

I woke up at 1:30am this morning and finished the last 13 of 500 pens for the military.

Attachments

• Pens -500.jpg
    Pens -500.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 452
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Now that is a "DISPLAY".
At 0130, I am only dreaming about pens.
No way would "She who must be obeyed" let me start up in the workshop, even if I felt the urge.
Has anyone suggested to you to "Get a life".

My attempt at "Smart Comments" apart.
That is most impressive, and deserves a hearty and sincere "Well Done".

SkookumPens

I found the hardest part of turning that many pens was getting all the parts out of those zip lock bags. Any one need a thousand little bags?
Craig Chatterton
Skookumpens
Puyallup, WA

SkookumPens

I started cutting the blanks and gluing the tube in last April. Started turning in June. Then took a break in July and started up the middle of August. The last hundred took me about a week after work and on the weekends. My goal was to do 10 a day and 40 on the weekend.
Craig Chatterton
Puyallup, WA

Joe S.

I read the title and opened the picture... Once I recovered from the overall shock I read the discription! :biggrin:

seamus7227

very impressive, but im curious, how in the world do you knock out 10 a day if you work a full time job? .....and then 40 over the course of the weekend?! do you basically turn them down to the bushings, give it a quick one over with the sand paper and then wipe down with a friction polish and move on to the next pen? Weeeew, i bet you are dreaming about turning at this point! Hope the payout was worth it!

flyitfast

I woke up at 1:30am this morning and finished the last 13 of 500 pens for the military.

Craig,
I am a retired USAF guy - All I can say is, "Thank You for your Service!!".
Your efforts and skills will be appreciated by the troops that received these. Actually, ALL the turners that provide pens to the troops are appreciated for their efforts and gifts.

Thank YOU.
gordon

SkookumPens

After several hundred it is not that hard to knock out 10 in the evening. I had all the blanks cut, drilled and the tubes glued in so all I had to do is turn. The desire to get them done also encouraged me to get done. I still need to print out cards and put each one in separate bags.
It was good practice and it help me prepare for teaching pen turning to others when we do our annual turn for the troops this November at Woodcraft in Seattle.
Thanks for all the complements.
Craig Chatterton
Puyalllup, WA

Top Bottom