A few for a friend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rekab

rekab

I've only been turning for a couple months, but I've already got a backlog of orders from friends and friends of friends.. Here's a few going to a coworker that I did today. Would of liked to get more done, but quality over quantity is how you've got to look at it some days I suppose
C & C welcome

Blue Corn on Black Ti Cigar Click
IMG_2981.jpg

IMG_2982.jpg

Simulated Abalone Acrylic - Black Chrome Wall St II (looks kind of neat but I'm not a fan of this one)
IMG_2983.jpg

IMG_2984.jpg

IMG_2985.jpg

Jumpin Cholla Cactus in Alumilite - Jr Gent II Black Ti
IMG_2986.jpg

IMG_2987.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

:RockOn: I can see why you have a backlog of orders after only a few months of turning or casting !! Excellent craftsmanship. Beautyful pens !! Peace !! Jim S

rekab

Is your Jr Gent assembled backwards? It looks like the blank does not meet on either end to me in the photo. I like the blanks alot.

Phil

LoL - You're right. I intended to fix that earlier and forgot all about it

SDB777

You definitely nailed the quality! If someone wants quanity, they'll have to wait:wink:

You also reminded me to go to WallyWorld and get some corn cobs(for the squirrels-wink, wink). Like the blue hues in that one, matches up with the kit pretty nicely....not too much, not too little.

Scott (well done) B

orlandopens

Great looking pens! I like them all but I am partial to the corn cob. I have attempted to do something similar for friends who are corn farmers in South Carolina. The results have been rather bland. I've tried both thick and thin corn cobs but I seem cut away all of the grain pattern and end up with "patchy" pen bodies. Care to share anything about your technique?

rekab

Great looking pens! I like them all but I am partial to the corn cob. I have attempted to do something similar for friends who are corn farmers in South Carolina. The results have been rather bland. I've tried both thick and thin corn cobs but I seem cut away all of the grain pattern and end up with "patchy" pen bodies. Care to share anything about your technique?

Honestly this was only my second corn cob. I'd say try a thicker pen. I did spend time ensuring I'd drill dead center on this so each side would be as similar as possible once turned. Other than that I used a woodchuck pen pro, didn't sand at all (my favorite part about the pen pro is how smooth I can cut), a few thin layers of medium CA - one final heavy layer of medium CA, micromesh, then meguiars scratch remover/polish. I've got a couple more corn cobs ill be working on soon, Ill see if they turn out the same.

Top Bottom