A few Experiments!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalepenkala

Dalepenkala

I've been playing around with these blanks now for a few weeks and I think I finally found a combination I think works very well. 2 pens are Le Roi Elegant Majors and 1 Sierra Vista.

These were a bit difficult to photograph on the "normal" background I use so I changed it up a little and shot it on a black background. I think it shows the barrel off much better than a white marble tile does.

Comments good or bad are welcome.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Web_768850.JPG
    Web_768850.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 277
  • Web_767850.JPG
    Web_767850.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 256
  • Web_769850.JPG
    Web_769850.JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 212
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Beautiful pens. What is the material embedded in the blanks?

It looks like glitter but really its called metal fleck in the luthier world. Glitter works but it just don't give the look I've been looking for.

Thanks for the comment!

Excellent combo of pen and blank. Metal Fleck can also be found in automotive paint stores. It was used a lot in the 50s and 60s on custom cars, and is still used today. Still photos do not do justice to this finish, as it changes with any movement or light change. On large surfaces, such as a car, it must be laid down in one direction only so the flecks are all in the same direction. Very nice !!! Jim S

Dalepenkala

Beautiful pens. What is the material embedded in the blanks?

It looks like glitter but really its called metal fleck in the luthier world. Glitter works but it just don't give the look I've been looking for.

Thanks for the comment!

Excellent combo of pen and blank. Metal Fleck can also be found in automotive paint stores. It was used a lot in the 50s and 60s on custom cars, and is still used today. Still photos do not do justice to this finish, as it changes with any movement or light change. On large surfaces, such as a car, it must be laid down in one direction only so the flecks are all in the same direction. Very nice !!! Jim S

Thanks much Jim! Yes your correct about pictures not doing it justice that's for sure! I really had a difficult time getting depth and trying to get the the contrast. In the end that's why I just used a black background. Seemed to give me the best representation of the pen.

Top Bottom