A Few Crushed Velvet Jr. Statesmans

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mrburls

mrburls

Been working on a few pens to show a customer this week before he heads by home out of state. He bought a bunch of pens Sunday and wants to see more before he leaves.

Here are 3 crushed velvet pens I made on Jr. Statesmans for him to look at. He loves the older material I use.
First is Green Crushed Velvet, next is Black Crushed Velvet and last is Brown Crushed Velvet.

Stuff polishes up like a piece of hard candy, talk about "EYE CANDY" just wanted to take a bite while buffing and polishing.

Thanks for looking, Keith "mrburls"

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 298
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 233
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 254
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrburls

Nice work, Keith!!! Especially since those blanks were only 5/8" thick!!!!!!!! That is GOOD Drilling!!

You know it Ed, I even had to be very selective in picking out the blanks for the Jr.s The blanks are not all poured evenly. So you end up with one thinner end then the other end.
The green was especially hairy, I turn my blanks round and drill in a collet chuck and this blank was paper thin (see through) no turning required just light sand and buff. Used the thickest part of blank for cap and thinest for lowwer barrel. But you knew how to go about that already Ed, Right :wink:

Keith "mrburls"

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Nice work, Keith!!! Especially since those blanks were only 5/8" thick!!!!!!!! That is GOOD Drilling!!

You know it Ed, I even had to be very selective in picking out the blanks for the Jr.s The blanks are not all poured evenly. So you end up with one thinner end then the other end.
The green was especially hairy, I turn my blanks round and drill in a collet chuck and this blank was paper thin (see through) no turning required just light sand and buff. Used the thickest part of blank for cap and thinest for lowwer barrel. But you knew how to go about that already Ed, Right :wink:

Keith "mrburls"

Nope, I have never DONE it. I made a lot of cigar pens with one side that was a little flat:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:--never used the blanks after the Junior series was available.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Top Bottom