A few Bolt Actions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

And one twist, Since it is range month where I work at, I thought I would put a few of these together the modified way. :biggrin:
Comments welcome, Thanks for looking.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Bolt 1.jpg
    Bolt 1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 285

Boz

I like. How do you modify them to get the bolt on the correct right side of the pen? When I first saw these pens I thought they are backwards. The more I thought about it I determined that since most people are right handed they built them so you can work the bolt one handed. But that is still not accurate unless you have a custom made left handed target rifle.

plano_harry

Boz, I think the saying goes "you can't get all the squirrels up one tree". :)

IMHO - Depends on whether the want the pen for shooting or writing. I built a pen with a reversed bolt - works nicely one-handed for us left handed writers but the gun is upside down visually. Right handers find it awkward to operate the pen one-handed even though it might look more correct to them for shooting and the bolt then pokes into your hand so you have to rotate the bolt to the top which doesn't look right for either handedness. Ended up putting it back to factory setup when I confirmed my customer was right handed.

For us left handed shooters, there are production rifles with a left side bolt, or we just put up with rifles that are backward. :rolleyes:

Makes a poor rifle, but a good selling pen!

Harry

I like. How do you modify them to get the bolt on the correct right side of the pen? When I first saw these pens I thought they are backwards. The more I thought about it I determined that since most people are right handed they built them so you can work the bolt one handed. But that is still not accurate unless you have a custom made left handed target rifle.

Top Bottom