A few American flags.......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lwalden

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwalden

compliments to Ken Nelson- I love the way his kits turn out. If the Jr Emperor looks a little odd, It's because I got him to help me experiment with using Lapis Tru-stone for the upper.

200732322832_americanflags.jpg

I'll be sending these pens off to Kiddo for her to do her magic- apologies for the initial picture quality.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johncrane

Lyle you are making it very hard to pick one' they are all beautiful now let me see!the JR Statesman.wins it for me.l would like you to tell us all the how too! on these pens.you must spend a lot off time gluing all the bits together. [:D]

lwalden

Originally posted by Tea Clipper
<br />Wow, very nice Lyle! The stars look whiter on the lapis pen too. To be honest, I like the maple better, but they all deserve a salute. [:)]
Interesting experiment, but I like the maple better as well. And the reason the stars look brighter on the lapis- Laserbits white color fill, rather than the Holly used on the other pens.

lwalden

Originally posted by johncrane
<br />Lyle you are making it very hard to pick one' they are all beautiful now let me see!the JR Statesman.wins it for me.l would like you to tell us all the how too! on these pens.you must spend a lot off time gluing all the bits together. [:D]
I have to glue the white stripes in one at a time, and clamp them up 'til they dry- usually 1 1/2 hours each, so I only get a few stripes each night glued up. The 50 stars in the upper barrel go in pretty quickly- I actually am doing nine in this batch, and by the ninth one I was down to about 15 minutes for getting all 50 stars in and glued up....
Ken Nelson provides a lot more detailed instructions one you buy one of these kits from him, and they're pretty straightforward and easy to follow.

lwalden

Originally posted by kent4Him
<br />How much does he charge and how can one get a hold of him?
here's a link to his site- http://www.kallenshaanwoods.com/servlet/StoreFront
Ken is great to work with- he's also done a lot of custom items with folks here and in other groups. I'm eagerly awaiting him finishing up the "Tuxedo" kit he's working on- check out his gallery when you get a few minutes.

lwalden

Originally posted by Gary Max
<br />Lyle they forgot to tell you about the Texas Flag kit that Ken has--
yea, yea, yea...... that's right, give me a little grief here.....[:D][;)][:D][}:)]. Ken's got a great kit for the Texas flag as well- looks very sharp. I believe Don Ward worked with him to make sure it's size and proportion was correct and would pass muster with Texas' official specs......I just prefer a stretched version[8D]

Mikey

Wow, those look nice. I like the curly maple barrel, but the white stars look great IMO. Problem is that they are so sharp yet the other barrel doesn't have the white in the stripes. If the stars were the white and the stripes were the same white, I think it would be an AWESOME look.

&lt;edit&gt; I just looked at Ken's website and still don't see anything besides the flag, piano, and Canadian flag kit. Is there a different page that I'm not seeing a link to?

lwalden

Originally posted by Mikey
<br />Wow, those look nice. I like the curly maple barrel, but the white stars look great IMO. Problem is that they are so sharp yet the other barrel doesn't have the white in the stripes. If the stars were the white and the stripes were the same white, I think it would be an AWESOME look.

&lt;edit&gt; I just looked at Ken's website and still don't see anything besides the flag, piano, and Canadian flag kit. Is there a different page that I'm not seeing a link to?
try this link http://www.kallenshaanwoods.com/servlet/StoreFront- It should take you to a page that shows 6 different flag kits- the American, Canadian, Texas, California, Colorado, and Israeli. Also the Piano pen and the fish symbol on the same page. If you want to see the gallery of some of the past special items, it's the link fifth down on the right under the pen thumbnails.....

splinter99

Stunning.Pens..your blue stuff is going in the mail fist thing in the morning..got it bottled up but couldnt get to the post office today

lwalden

Originally posted by splinter99
<br />Stunning.Pens..your blue stuff is going in the mail fist thing in the morning..got it bottled up but couldnt get to the post office today
Thanks so much! I'm really looking forward to experimenting with it- hope I can get results as good as yours look!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom