Felt inspired

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ron Mc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Mc

After enjoying lunch today with Don Ward, Lyle Walden and Dario I had the urge to create a pen that a customer has requested. He is a good customer that asked for a white for a base with some blue and a "splash" of red.
Here is what music and a fantastic bunch of friends at lunch created.
Wood types are Holy, Bloodwood, and Blue dyed curly maple.

Front of pen:
Hollyfront.jpg

Back of pen:
Hollyback.jpg

One side:
Hollyleft.jpg

Close up:
Hollyclose.jpg

As always comments or concerns welcome.

Thanks to Don, Dario, Lyle, and Nick (Lyle's son) for taking the time to have a get together!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

It is nice to be part of an inspiration [:)]...the pen came out great so you must got inspired well [:D]

BTW, I will post later a pic or two from our lunch.

lwalden

Ron, when Nick and I pulled this up his response was "awesome"!! Very nice work. Any trouble with the bloodwood wanting to contaminate the Holly? And was that using the new blue, and if so how did you like it? Great design, btw. Nice balance, and nice movement to the varying pieces. Great seeing you at lunch.

Ron Mc

Lyle,
I used my normal approach to prevent the Holy from absorbing the blue and the red. To date I have been able to prevent any bleeding with a lot of sanding sealer and a loving touch.
The blue my friend is the blue you are talking about and I am amazed. I'll be looking for much more.[;)]
I wish I could take this to SWAT so that it can be seen in person but I e-mailed the buyer pictures and a price and it's already purchased. Time to make another one for SWAT!

elody21

Beautiful job Ron! When you cut your pieces do you have a special slide or jig made up for the table saw or do you use something bought? I was wanting to look into a safe way of cutting small pieces. Thanks Alice Love the pen!

PenTurnerJohn

Ron, what a great looking pen with excellent creativity. That inspires me to experiment more with segmenting. Thanks. Isn't it amazing what a good lunch with friends can do? [:)]

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom