Felt good enough to turn some tonight

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

This first one is 1 of 4 sections I cut from a spindle I used part of for a bottle stopper a while ago. This is an inlace blank from WT called abalone. I used a Black Ti atlas kit from WC. I have 3 more of these blanks which I am sure I will be using.

abalone.jpg abalone-a.jpg

This next one is a first for me. Its the Rinehart Ballpoint kit from WC. It is one of those kits I like better in person. The blank is a rhino blank from exotics called silver banana split. I like this blank, but I did run into trouble. I have noticed mainly with resin blanks when using my 15/32 drill bits they always seem to create a much bigger gap between the tube and blank, thus causing me issues when I get down to the right size. I stopped turning and could tell the top section had a lot of play between the blank and the tube and was afraid it might break loose. CA to the rescue! I put some in between the gap and tube then did 4 med ca coats on the top section. It is much more solid now. After I got the pen all put together I really liked it.

rinehartbp-a.jpg rinehartbp.jpg

Enjoy and thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

Thanks guys! I was pretty happy with both. I had a gold atlas kit too, but I thought the bl ti went much better with that blank.

Bobalu

I really like the blank on the Atlas. I bet it would look nice on a Black Chrome kit, too. Just a tip on the Rinehart kit, and I failed to do this when I built my first Rinehart RB pen, try to line up the facets on the center band and end cap during assembly. It will give you a more professional appearance.

wizard

Todd, Both are very nice pens but my favorite is the top one in Black Titanium. The components really go well with the blank highlighting the beauty of the blank. You did a great job! I'm glad you are feeling better. Just don't overdo it:). Regards, Doc

Top Bottom