It fell off the hillside and landed in my driveway

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from splinter99

Status
Not open for further replies.

splinter99

this is from a locust tree that fell in my drive a year ago.. also a tiger maple cigar

200641212935_pens%20060_edited.jpg

a few slimlines from some corrian that airrat sent me..this is my first experience with this stuff and I like it!!

20064121315_pens%20057_edited.jpg

sorry about the poor pic quality

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

splinter99

its an old camera..1.3 megapixils..will get something better when I stop spending so much on pens [:)] they look ok untill I crop them, then they get blurry..

gerryr

They should not get blurry just because they were cropped. Does the camera have a macro setting? I shoot all my photos on a tripod with the macro setting. You might try downloading Picaca2, its free, and has a "sharpen" function which might help.

splinter99

no macro setting just a pic quality selection..I tried them all and none seem any better..I'll try some kind of tripod next time..or a couple of shots to steady my shootin hand[:)]

Daniel

from your top picture above it looks like your focus may have been off. look at the wood grain in the upper right corner. it's hard to be sure but that looks pretty well focused. looking at the grain in the wood as it gets closer to the pen the focus begins to fade. the second photo I can't really decide what happened. I see definite signs of camera movement but that would not explain all of it. the bright spots turned to halos. makes me think it's something your editing software did. maybe adding a special effect and you don't know it or something. this might be pixilation from cropping the picture but keeping it the original size as well. 1.3 meg should be enough to get pictures for posting. it's in printing them that they would suffer. I take my posting pictures at 1 meg and still crop and size them for posting here.

airrat

Glad your enjoying the corian Harold. When you crop your pictures are you resizing them? make sure you maintain the ratio.

Johnathan

Originally posted by Fangar
<br />Uh. It looks like that locust tree might have landed on your camera!

They do appear to be some nice woods though!

Fangar

You crack me up Fangar!

Those pens look nice but I can't wait to see a better picture. The tripod will help as will the proper settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom