Featured Photo Commentary

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Just wanted to voice an opinion and give everyone else the same opportunity.

YEA!!!!! Jeff!!!!

The "featured photo" posts are a great idea. I RARELY visit the home page, so these are nearly ALL new to me!! Of course, the work is phenomenal - what a great idea to make sure everyone has a chance to view it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good job Mr. IAP!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

I also like the idea. Being a new turner, I only joined the forum in late April and obviously missed seeing a lot of nice pens. Like many, I too have my settings where I click on my IAP icon and it takes me to the "Active Topics". Heck I could be the winner of a drawing mentioned on the home page and I wouldn't know about it. This gives me an idea for a poll [:)]

GaryMGg

I'll jump in here -- it's great! Even though I visit the home page before going to the forums, it's nice to see the Features repeated in a single place. I hope it grows, continues, and is sticky.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by BigguyZ
<br />I definitly think it's cool. It give me something to aspire to (hey, I wanna be in there TOO! [:D]).

Now I gotta go save up some $$$ for a photo booth.... [B)]

You think you have it tough? I have to learn to turn decent pens!!!!!![B)]

gerryr

Ed, of all people, you should know better than to post this here. This is where we show off our pens, not show off colored fonts.[}:)]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by gerryr
<br />Ed, of all people, you should know better than to post this here. This is where we show off our pens, not show off colored fonts.[}:)]

<center>OOOOOOPppppppsssss</center>

<center>Sorry!! (not very)</center>

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by GaryMGg
<br />I'll jump in here -- it's great! Even though I visit the home page before going to the forums, it's nice to see the Features repeated in a single place. I hope it grows, continues, and is sticky.
Glad you like! It'll take me a while to move them all over there, but I'll get it done in the next few days. You all make some amazing pens.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by neon007
<br />So how are the featured pens selected? Does someone just pick them, or are they submitted, voted on?
As Ed says, I pick them from postings and gallery uploads. I really enjoy sifting through the photos - very inspirational!

I look for (in no particular order):

Good positioning and aspect ratio.
A very good quality photo.
Interesting, unique, strange, or new materials.
Custom work or superlative execution of a kit.
First and last name in the member's profile.

Thanks to the many people who have obliged me when I asked for a better photo or a different position of the pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom