"Featherz???" Wall Street II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from akbar24601

akbar24601

Well, I think that this is along the lines of Eagles "Feathers" design. Not totally sure though. Certainly not something that I came up with, so, whoever is responsible, thank you for the inspiration. It is only done on two sides though, so the clean break that seperates the sides certainly brings uniformity to the design. This is Spalted Maple with Copper and Veneer Feathers. The kit is a Copper Wall Street II. CA finish.

Thank you for looking. I welcome all comments.

Attachments

• Featherz.jpg
    Featherz.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 244
  • Featherz2.jpg
    Featherz2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 186
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Nice... You and my little brother HAVE to get together. He has done some very cool pens in the last year while stuck in Korea with only a lathe and a chop saw. You do VERY incredible things with only a bandsaw?!

I have to say, I would LOVE to watch you work.. You do things with that bandsaw that I just would love to understand how you do them.

Keep them coming! We are all jealous, but love what you are sharing. Eagle inspired or not, its a beautiful pen and you deserve all the credit coming!

chriselle

:eek::eek::eek:Somebody call Guinness. Making pens at a fast pace is one thing but making NICE pens....that's something different. Load up the coffee cup and get back at it.....lol. Great pens.

akbar24601

very nice, I'm beginning to like those copper kits
I have to say, the first time I ever saw the Copper kits I did not like them. The more I looked at them I figured, well, if you had the right wood I suppose this could work. I am very surprised at how many of them I am using. I suppose I'm beginning to like them too.:)

alphageek

Former Moderator
I agree they look nice (the copper), but be aware of the possible 'wear issues'. You are making INCREDIBLE pens. I'd hate to see them get complaints about the finish wearing off the kits. I have switched to better platings for most of my pens, and mine are nowhere near as impressive as these you are sharing .... ok.. a few like my paua are pretty good, but I don't get too keep all the credit like you do :)

akbar24601

I agree they look nice (the copper), but be aware of the possible 'wear issues'. You are making INCREDIBLE pens. I'd hate to see them get complaints about the finish wearing off the kits. I have switched to better platings for most of my pens, and mine are nowhere near as impressive as these you are sharing .... ok.. a few like my paua are pretty good, but I don't get too keep all the credit like you do :)

You are very right. That is a very legitimate concern. Thank you. Thank you also for your kind words and support. I'll bet your brother does get to kick out some pens. Sounds fun!!!

Top Bottom