"Feathers In Flight"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from akbar24601

akbar24601

I made up these blanks the other day and after making them decided to change the arrangement of the feathers. So, I am very pleased with the change that I made, but, I figured why let these lil' cuties go to waste. So I stuck 'em on some Sierras. They all have a BLO/CA finish.

The first pair are Coastal Red Milkwood and veneer. I got the CRM from zambeziexotics.com. I love the color and it is great for segmenting.

The second pair are Afzelia Xylay and veneer. I got the AX from Rudy Vey. This stuff is just gorgeous and I like it for segmenting too.

As always, Havin' Fun on the Lathe! All comments are welcome. Thanks for lookin'.

Attachments

• Feathers in Flight - CRM.jpg
    Feathers in Flight - CRM.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 464
  • Feathers in Flight - Afzelia X.jpg
    Feathers in Flight - Afzelia X.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 467
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Cool pens Steve, I like the Afzelia the best, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't let my dog use the Milkwood ones for a chew toy, but there is something about the Xylay blanks that kinda grabs me.

Last edited:

akbar24601

I liked the Zs. Oh well.

Nice work and great woods (never heard of coastal red milkwood before.) I do like the new design better, too

That's too funny, because ever since you had made that one comment I always thought of you when I was putting a "Z" in the title.:)

The Coastal Red Milkwood is from South Africa.

Cool pens Steve, I like the Afzelia the best, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't let my dog use the Milkwood ones for a chew toy, but there is something about the Xylay blanks that kinda grabs me.

Thank you Ken. I agree, the Afzelia is Gorgeous and would stand very well on it's own without me sticking stuff in it. The CRM is very nice for segmenting and inlay work in that it doesn't have a whole lot of character to hide. But it does have that super cool red/burgundy color. I don't think that your dog would care much for the Milkwood anyway. LOL:wink:

CaptG

Awesome as usual Steve. Oh ya, five weeks from today I arrive on Pine Island for a week. I AM going to look you up.

Top Bottom