Feathered Cocobolo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from splinter99

splinter99

A nicely figured piece of cocobolo on an Elegant Beauty. 6 coats thin ca for finish..mm then buffed

coeb-1_editedpsMedium.jpg

Comments welcomed
Thanks for looking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Nicely figured?!? That is an understatement. I am just glad that blank wound up in your hands and not some yahoo, wood butcher. Great job, great finish. Do you normally just go with 6 coats of thin?

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Very nice pen work! That piece of cocobolo is quite unusual. You've done a great job with it all!

Munsterlander

Nicely figured?!? That is an understatement. I am just glad that blank wound up in your hands and not some yahoo, wood butcher. Great job, great finish. Do you normally just go with 6 coats of thin?

Speaking on behalf of all yahoos and wood butchers, I wish that blank had wound up in my hands...

Beautiful pen!

hewunch

Speaking on behalf of all yahoos and wood butchers, I wish that blank had wound up in my hands...

Beautiful pen!

I dare say if you stay a yahoo or wood butcher and are on the IAP for a while it is your own fault. Too much great info here to remain at step one long. :wink::biggrin:

splinter99

hewunch: Since I switched to just straight ca(omitted the BLO) 6 or 7 coats is about all I ever use..I sand it down pretty aggressivly afterwards with the 1500 mm and have yet to sand through the finish. Sanding through was a regular occurance for me when I did the ca/blo.

Munsterlander

hewunch: Since I switched to just straight ca(omitted the BLO) 6 or 7 coats is about all I ever use..I sand it down pretty aggressivly afterwards with the 1500 mm and have yet to sand through the finish. Sanding through was a regular occurance for me when I did the ca/blo.

same for me (as in sanding pretty aggressively with 1500), though I've yet to be brave enough to stop at 6 or 7 coats, I usually go to about 12.

Top Bottom